Sweater armhole shaping

Adah

Question

Hi, I'm crocheting a bottom up sweater crocheted in the round. I'm getting to the stage of armhole shaping but i'm confused by the pattern. I finish the round before (round 46) join, turn, then...

Blo slip stitch in next 12 stitches, then continue to next row and work next 68 stitches only. Skip 24 stitches after row 47 is complete, place stitch marker in 25th stitch to mark beginning of back panel. Then the pattern is worked in rows, not rounds.

Does this mean I work 12 blo slip stitches, then continue with the pattern for row 47 on the same row I've worked the slip stitches, but only working the next 68 stitches of it? The start of this row would usually be 13 extended single crochets so i'm assuming I just skip the first 12 extended single crochet, then carry on as normal for a further 68 stitches?

First time sweater maker, very confused!

1 answer to this question

Does this mean I work 12 blo slip stitches, then continue with the pattern for row 47 on the same row I've worked the slip stitches, but only working the next 68 stitches of it? The start of this row would usually be 13 extended single crochets so i'm assuming I just skip the first 12 extended single crochet, then carry on as normal for a further 68 stitches?

Sounds about right.  That's your armhole shaping.  Sometimes trial and error are the best teachers.  🙂