Working in rounds...need help

NeedSleep

Question

Hi there. I'm new here and in need of some basic help. I'm trying to make a crocheted stuffed animal, but having the hardest time with working in rounds. I've got all my sticthes down and all that, but just can't figure out where to start and where to end. I mark each Ch1 with a safety pin, but don't know which loop to work into when beginning a round and which loop to slip sticth into when finishing one.

Help??

3 answers to this question

Someone was having similar problems. Check out this post on joining rounds, post #3. Also the stitch you join into will be the ch1 that you started the round with. As described in the linked post, to get a straight "seam" stitch into the same stitch as your ch1, and skip what appears to be the last st of each round, even on the rounds that you are not increasing. If you skip the stitch that your ch1 is in and stitch into the very last stitch (which you have to do to maintain stitch count), your seam will start to spiral up the piece.

If this is your first "in the round" project, you may want to practice crocheting in the round with a ch 2, hdc stitches or ch3, dc stitches. It is a little easier to see where you should be joining with the longer stitches. Once you get the hang of the ch2 or ch3 joining then it will be much easier to see where you should be joining with the ch1.

Archived