1 sp = 2 ch space from the round bellow

Cristina010498

Question

Hello everyone! I am working on this pattern right now: http://fiorelila.com/valentina-top-sweater/ and I've got some problems understanding how to make this "sp" and how to "skip 1 sp". 

This is what the pattern says: 

1 sp = 2 ch space from the round bellow

Round 29 : 3 ch (count as 1dc) 2 dc in the same first st, skip 1 sp, ( in the next 3 sp ) make 1 sc + 2ch, 1 sc in the next sp, skip 1 sp, *5 dc in the next sc ( round bellow ), skip 1 sp, ( in the next 3 sp ) make 1 sc + 2 ch each, 1 sc in the next sp, skip 1 sp*, repeat from *to* twice, 2 dc in the first st from the beg, close the round with a sl st in the 3rd ch.

Fyi: I'm working a sleeve lace motif.

Thank you so much for your help, I'm just a begginer who wants to improve her skills in crocheting. 

Edited by Cristina010498

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  Copying so I don't have to scroll, my comments underlined:

Round 29 : 3 ch (count as 1dc) 2 dc in the same first st, Normally you skip the first stitch if you were just working a plain, straight-sided item. because the chain 3 'turning stitch' counts as the first stitch that would go IN that first stitch.  So if you make 2 DC into that normally skipped space, that's an increase of 2, plus with the turning chain would equate to a 3-stitch shell stitch. 

skip 1 sp, I assume there is a chain space there for you to skip, which would be normal for a shell to have skipped stiches alongside

( in the next 3 sp ) make 1 sc + 2ch,  The chain spaces are all 2 chains wide from the prior row--I checked, some patterns will have a variety of different length chain spaces and it will say do x in the ch-2 space, do y in the ch-3 space for example.  So, do what it says in the next 3 chain spaces, in other words a repeat you do a total of 3 times.

1 sc in the next sp, skip 1 sp, *5 dc in the next sc ( round below ), skip 1 sp, ( in the next 3 sp ) make 1 sc + 2 ch each, 1 sc in the next sp, skip 1 sp*, repeat from *to* twice, 2 dc in the first st from the beg, close the round with a sl st in the 3rd ch.

This last part is lengthy but clear.  Sometimes when an instruction has a a lot of different steps / I make slash marks in the pattern / to sort of visually make 'bites / that are easier to mentally 'digest'.  When it says to repeat the part between the asterisks twice, it normally means do it once, and repeat it twice more.