Berka Shells doily help, please

Question

Beloveds, I am making this doily again (after making the only other one I did over 30 years ago) and am at the point to use the x-triple chain to pull together the three chains from earlier rounds, and can't remember (or even figure out) how to do that.  I hope someone here has made this pattern and can give me advice.

Thank you,

Gentle One

3 answers to this question

I don't have that pattern book, but I found what the doily looks like here,  I can see 3 sections where it looks like 3 chains are pulled together, that are between V-stitches stacked on top of each other over 3 rounds.  You said 'x triple chain'; I think you meant treble crochet stitch?  Or at least that makes sense from the photo. if it was done by a US treble stitch from the round above the third v-stitch, you'd just yarn-over 3 times, stick the hook under the bottommost of the 3 chains, and complete the treble stitch around the 3 chains.

That is it, exactly!  Thank you so much--I didn't have the pattern in front of me, and all I remembered was the triple something--and you are correct, it is a treble stitch.