Lynne Shipp Color Block Tank Top

HookerCarol

Question

I'm looking for the magazine issue that contains a color block tank top that is made with Red Heart Luster Sheen.  I think it was from the 1980's.  I don't know the name of the magazine.  I think there are 4 big squares on the front done in single crochet.  Round neckline and rounded edges on lower edge that go up to meet side seams.  If someone could point me in the right direction to purchase this issue, that would be great.  Thank you.

1 answer to this question

No clue.  I looked at Ravelry, the only photo associated with that name was a book's cover photo from 1988.

To me, a tank top is a sleeveless top with a deeply scooped neck.  If you meant the style the lady is wearing in that cover photo - this was a really 'in' sort of top shape then, I sewed a few and crocheted at least one.  This on looks like it has a tiny bit of sleeve, but I've also seen and made versions that are 2 identical rectangles (with shoulder and side seams), if you want to get fancy maybe a subtle lowering of the neckline in front in an almost imperceptible curve but it was basically a 'boat' neck.

Luster sheen doesn't exist any more, it was a (possibly mercerized?) crochet thread; I used it back in the '80s, it was probably equivalent to size 3 or 5 mercerized crochet cotton.  It seems to me that I saw it had morphed to (US sport weight) acrylic yarn at a later point, but haven't seen it in a long time.  Description of old Luster Sheen  .  It's not listed on Red Heart's site Yarnspirations, but it you search for it, it comes up with other US size 2 Red Heart yarn subs.