"New" (??) Tunisian Stitch

2MuchYarn

I was trying to learn the Tunisian Half Double Stitch as demonstrated in the excellent video by Mikey on Youtube (I'm not linking to it because it puts the entire video here--uggh, NO!). Anyway, I did it wrong and came up with a new stitch that I like even better. I think my mistake looks a lot like K1P1 ribbing. In fact, it looks much more like K1P1 ribbing than when you alternate between Tks and Tps. It also kinda reminds me of brioche. Several positive aspects to this stitch is that it doesn't curl, it can be worked across any number of stitches, you work the same stitch throughout (no foundation row of TSS), and it's quite stretchy--especially if you start with a fairly loose foundation chain. I imagine it would work great for a hat brim.

So here's the pattern with my mistake incorporated:

Row 1: Yarn under and hold yarn across needle while you pull up a loop in 2nd chain from hook. *Yarn under and hold yarn across needle. Then pull up a loop in next chain* Repeat from * to * across.

Return pass: Ch 1, *YO and pull through 3 loops on hook* Repeat from * to * until all loops are worked off hook.

Row 2: * Yarn under and hold yarn across needle. Then insert hook through next 2 vertical bars, YO, and pull through both bars.* Repeat from * to * to last stitch. At end of row, yarn under and hold yarn across needle. Insert hook in last stitch under two outer vertical bars, YO, and pull through vertical bars.

Return pass: Ch 1, *YO and pull through 3 loops on hook* Repeat from * to * until all loops are worked off hook.

Repeat row 2.

Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try this. 

By the way, when you are in a post, (edit, meaning in post mode, creating a post) at the top are icons (like bold, italics...the 5th symbol from the left is "link" (sort of looks like a chain).  1.Start a post here, type a word you want to be clickable.  2. Go to youtube and copy the URL (3) come back here, select the word (or words) you want to be clickable, (4) click the 'link' button, paste the URL where it says to, then at the bottom of the link box click the 'insert into text' box. 

This works for linking to any URL page, like a pattern on a blog, but doing this for videos prevents the video itself showing up in your post.

Here is the link to the video I think you were referring to.

Edited by Granny Square

Thank you for the info about creating links. When I hit enter after inserting the link, the entire video popped up and then I had trouble getting rid of it. Once I did finally delete it, I decided not to do that again. Next time, I'll be sure and make a link before I hit return!