Pattern help

Tony.larsen

Question

Hi can someone help me with this pattern:

"ch7. Work 1 sl st into 2nd chain from hook and each of next 4sts to form stalk. Ch1. In remaining stitch of foundation chain, work 6sc, and join behind the stalk to form a ring."

I don't quite understand where I'm supposed to join and form a ring. Is it through the first sl st of the stalk or perhaps at the ch1?

Can someone please help me, perhaps through a picture? 

Edited by Tony.larsen

2 answers to this question

The "behind the stalk" is a bit confusing, but I crocheted this to see, and for the ring to look right, after the 6 sc's, I put a slip stitch in the next to the last beginning chain - The one that the 5th (and last) slip stitch of the stalk is made in.
You shouldn't have much of a problem, it looks proper.

edited - At first I misread this as having you work as a partial oval, but on second reading I realized what it is telling you to do is to make something that is going to look like a lollipop.

I believe the 'stalk' talking about what you are making, not trying to describe (example) the post of a stitch. 

Chain 7, skip first chain, slip stitch back across 4 chains, skip the next chain (which is the 6th chain) in the last (7th) chain make 6 sc (yes, you can put a LOT of stitches into 1 chain or stitch).  The 6 sc into 1 chain is the 'candy' part of the lollypop.

The 'join behind the stalk to form a ring' - the 'behind' part (I'm guessing) is giving the 'lollipop' a front and back side, so you are joining (slistitching) the last sc behind the stem/stalk to the first sc you made (so, the slip stitch join is crossing the 'wrong side') to 'hide' the join.

I'm also guessing you will be making petals or leaves in the 'lollipop' in a future step.

Edited by Granny Square