Crocheting in movies.

Horsy

OK, I remember a couple of crochet scenes in movies.

1.  The Tree of Wooden Clogs.  Foreign film.  From wikipedia:  "The Tree of Wooden Clogs is a 1978 Italian film written and directed by Ermanno Olmi. The film concerns Lombard peasant life in a cascina of the late 19th century. It has some similarities with the earlier Italian neorealist movement, in that it focuses on the lives of the poor, and the parts were played by real farmers and locals, rather than professional actors."

There's a few scenes where women are sitting in the background crocheting.  They are wearing crocheted caps.  I did not watch the whole thing as I was disgusted by the pig slaughter and bleeding. 

2.  Wise Blood (1979).  Directed by John Huston.  Based on O'Connor's novel of 1953.  Scene where a woman is sitting in a rocking chair on a veranda crocheting.  

The crocheting scene starts at about 1:33:35. 

3.  The Sherlock Holmes series of the 1980s.  Holmes occasionally seen wearing a large granny square kind of blanket to keep himself warm.  

4.  The Letter with Bette Davis (1940).  Bette crochets lace a lot during this film, especially when she's nervous.  

Edited by Horsy