Help with flower

Nicolapen

Question

Anyone got tips on how to make holes smaller / more consistant. Doing bottom of flower

Pattern requires me to CH3, YO insert hook 3rd CH from hook, pull up a loop, YO pull through 2, YO hook in next stitch YO pull through, pull through 2, YO hook in same stitch, YO pull through, pull through 2, skip stitch, YO hook in next stitch, YO pull through, pull through 2, YO hook in same stitch YO pull through, pull through 2, YO pull through 6 loops.

I have done the steps above 2 and are required to do them another 24 times

Struggling with going from first YO pull through to YO hook in next possibly because 3rd chain from hook is higher than previous rows of stitches.

1613173216595862885775.jpg

Edited by Nicjane

3 answers to this question

You could try ch 2 instead and see if that helps but I think the holes are supposed to be there to provide definition of the petals.  Its just going to take practice to make them uniform.  The ones with the bigger holes between them are the ones that look more like flowers.

7 hours ago, bgs said:

You could try ch 2 instead and see if that helps but I think the holes are supposed to be there to provide definition of the petals.  Its just going to take practice to make them uniform.  The ones with the bigger holes between them are the ones that look more like flowers.

@bgs Thanks for taking the time to answer. The holes are meant to be there but they look smaller in the video I am watching. The person demonstrating makes things look so easy. 

The first part / section is done slightly different to the rest.

Edited by Nicjane

They have just practiced more than you have.  Hole size can be deceptive---color, background, camera angle.  But I know what you mean as I sometimes find myself tweaking patterns to make smaller gaps.  Sometimes I try a smaller hook, pull things tighter, try fewer chains, etc.  I have learned when making a shell border I like the definition of the shell better if I sub in slip stitches for single crochets.