Help deciphering a pattern

Nicolapen

Question

Round 9 I did Chain 1. *Sc in the next 3 stitches Chain 3. Skip the next 3 stitches.* Repeat from * to * around. Join with a SS to the first Sc made. (12 SC and 12 chain 3 spaces)

Round 10: SS into the next stitch. Chain 1. *Sc. 5Dc in the chain 3 space. skip the next stitch.* Repeat from * to * around. Join with a SS to the first Sc made.

After doing 5dc in the chain 3 space if I skip next stitch and do SC in the stitch after I still have one stitch before the chain 3 space.

Please can someone help me figure out the pattern. Am I going wrong somewhere. Below is round 11 if that helps (rounds 10-11 get repeated 6 times)

Round 11: SS into the next 2 stitch. Chain 1. *Sc in the next 3 stitches Chain 3. Skip the next 3 stitches.* Repeat from * to * around. Join with a SS to the first Sc made

1 answer to this question

"After doing 5dc in the chain 3 space if I skip next stitch and do SC in the stitch after I still have one stitch before the chain 3 space."

I think that sounds right for making a symmetrical shell.  

Its faster/easier for pattern writers to say work into chain 3 space and leave out skip next stitch.  If you go directly to chain 3 space you would then be skipping that stitch.

• Like 2