Magic ring

Karenchi

Question

5 answers to this question

The first time I encountered this, I was all ??? too, until I realized - it's just a slip knot.

Make a slip knot as if you were going to put it on your hook, but leave it open (say, 1"), with the end tail hanging off to the left, at the top top.  Hold on to the loop at the top,  stick the hook in the middle of open loop, yarn over, pull up close to the loop, (hold on tight still), yarn over, pull thru again - you have now done the hard part, because until you get that first chain around the loop it is all sloppy/floppy.  From this point it's exactly the same the same as crocheting around a chain loop, or starting with 'ch2, make a bunch of stitches into the first chain'.

It's so nice to have it adjustable, you can pull tight or loosen up as you need it.  Just make sure you leave a long tail, at least 6", enough to weave in securely later.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:01 PM, Granny Square said:

The first time I encountered this, I was all ??? too, until I realized - it's just a slip knot.

Make a slip knot as if you were going to put it on your hook, but leave it open (say, 1"), with the end tail hanging off to the left, at the top top.  Hold on to the loop at the top,  stick the hook in the middle of open loop, yarn over, pull up close to the loop, (hold on tight still), yarn over, pull thru again - you have now done the hard part, because until you get that first chain around the loop it is all sloppy/floppy.  From this point it's exactly the same the same as crocheting around a chain loop, or starting with 'ch2, make a bunch of stitches into the first chain'.

It's so nice to have it adjustable, you can pull tight or loosen up as you need it.  Just make sure you leave a long tail, at least 6", enough to weave in securely later.

Isn't something? :). It is so easy and many people are having a lot of problems with that.

I seen that on couple YouTube. It was just hilarious to watch that...I have no idea WHY those people were making that look a lot more complicated than it is. I was just watching all those fingers moves what they were doing......completely unnecessary!. I have to admit it was fun to watch all of that.. LOL

Who knows maybe they were just trying to show off their new manicure ?? :)

Krys.