Julie

JJJ

Question

I'm doing my first c2c blanket and I'm confused with the decreasing. I know how to decrease but I don't know if you do it on each turn. So I have reached one corner and do a decrease to create the corner, but when I finish that row and turn the piece over, do I do another decrease, or is the decrease only done on the side where you have reached the first corner. Does that make any sense. 

1 answer to this question

Makes perfect sense, I haven't done a c2c using the so-called 'c2c stitch' but I've made other rectangular items from one corner to another in knit and crochet.  

So the general recipe: you start from a corner making a right angled triangle shape by increasing at each end.

If you are making a rectangle:  when the 'short side' is the right measurement, you stop increasing on one side--would not be a bad idea to put a stitch marker on that side.  The non-increase side will start to form a parallel edge like the opposite side. When the long side is the right measurement, you begin decreasing on both sides, working toward the corner opposite to the one you started from.

If you are making a square, both sides are the same length obviously so when you reach the measurement for 1 side of the square, you decrease on both sides.

• Thanks 1