"To beg 7 skipped chs;in sp formed by beg..."HELP

RavensRarities

Question

I am attempting to make an heirloom baby blanket from a book published in 1996

Its starts me working on the center of the blanket and I finished Row1.

Row 2 (right side) states: In next ch-1sp work (trc,ch1,trc);ch3,sc in next dc;ch3,sk next ch-3 sp; *in next ch-3 sp work (trc,ch1,2trc,ch1,trc);ch3,sc in next dc, ch3, sk next ch-3 sp; rep from* to beg 7 skipped chs; in sp formed by beg 7 skipped chs work (trc, ch1, 2trc)--- thirteen 4-trc groups and two 3-trc groups. Ch4 (counts as first dc and ch-1 sp on following rows), turn.

I completed until the end of asterisk * and I am not sure what "7 skipped chs are" and I am not sure what the space it created is exactly...ahhh !

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

I just erased a few guesses, I think we need to see what row 1 looks like.  I'm guessing 'something' must have been skipped at the beginning of row 2, because patterns will sometimes omit the word 'skip' and instead say 'do z in the next y' stitch, implying a skip 2 (for example) if the next 3 stitches were a w, and an x, and a y stitch.

• Thanks 1

I actually figured it out! A woman on my Facebook could figure it out because I sent pictures. 

It is as follows: It just the last space in the row.  It says seven because the eighth ch would’ve been on your hook when you started the row. 

It was so simple yet I could not figure it out. What I get for a beginner trying to complete intermediate to advanced crochet! Thank you for responding