Dotty the dog crochet question

Valeska

Question

Ok..need help I cannot figure this out....any help would be appreciated I get it up until row 9 that's where I wander off the road lol:  this is the noseNOSE

8. row: 22 sc (repeat this round 4 times)
9. row: Restart from the 7th stitch on the sewing side.
10. row: On the 7 th, 3sc, make a semicircle connecting a loop behind each stitch with a (sl-st) slip stitch, follow the same procedure on the other tears in the nose. See illustration.

1 answer to this question

Touching base to say 'welcome!' but I'm baffled at your pattern.

There are a lot of very poorly written self-published patterns out there.  There are also patterns written in English by non-English native speakers, which I give them credit for because even after years of studying a couple of languages in school I'd never dream of trying to write a pattern in not-English, but sometimes they can be hard to interpret.

This is a little concerning right from the beginning because if you make row 8, and repeat row 8 4 times, the next row would be (9-10-11-12) 13, not 9.

Row 9 (really 13) has 22 stitches to work into from the prior row.  It sounds like you are to either cut the yarn and re-attach it to the 7th stitch from one side or the other, but I hope 'the sewing side' is obvious, or explained earlier, so you know which one it is.  Note, if you know which side it is, you could also slip stitch across either the first 6 stitches, or the first 13 stitches, and work to the end.  If you don't know, the only thing I can suggest is to read ahead and try to figure it out that way--reading a pattern all the way thru before starting is a good thing to do with any pattern, actually.

Row 10 (really 14) - all I can say is I hope the mentioned illustration helps.  I'm imagining you may be skipping some stitches (tho it doesn't say that) and a semicircle/loop/fold may be formed by skipping stitches and then re-joining further along with a slip stitch--maybe you are making a nostril opening?  Totally guessing this by 'tears in the nose'.  This is sort of  the way some top down pullover sleeve openings are made.

Good luck!  Sorry I'm guessing more than helping.