Crocheting in right side

KristyJ

Question

I understand the right side/wrong side. My pattern says "with right side facing, sc in each sc across." I don't understand how to crochet in the right side. Where do I place the hook? 

I'm a beginner. I've made a couple of afghans, but I'm trying to follow a pattern to make a candy cane christmas ornament. When i searched online for help, all I got were results that explained how to determine the right side. I just can't figure out where to put the hook!

Thank you for your help!

1 answer to this question

I am guessing you are not turning this piece at the end of each row but instead breaking off the yarn when you get to the end of the row or else you worked some rows back and forth and now it wants you to change color?  

Basically it wants you to break off your yarn at the end of your row.  Do not turn the piece.  Join yarn back at the beginning of your previous row.

If its a free pattern you  can share the link so we can see what is going on.  If not you can type in a few rows just not the whole pattern as that would be against forum guidelines due to copyright.  

Edited by bgs