Lionbrand 5 1/2 hour throw

I seen that pattern while I was searching for patterns and I might try it my self because all the other one I have tried I have had no luck. I have been looking for a double crochet basic ripple afghan pattern. Do you know where I can find one. I am going to Hobby Lobby this weekend and see if I can find some books for beginners and ripple afghans.:cheer

i have done this throw a gazillion times.. and the recipient always likes it..a nd its a quick project

when you make it, do you use the recommended yarn ...i think its jiffy?...or a similarly bulky weight?......have you ever done it using 3 strands of worsted weight?

That pattern was in Family Circle in 1990, I still have it. :)

I've done it several times, too. I don't have any pictures of it though. If I do, they are in storage.

It does work up fast and easy. I used Red Heart, mostly because it was all my little town had at the time. It worked up nice in RD.

Good luck on this. :)

when you make it, do you use the recommended yarn ...i think its jiffy?...or a similarly bulky weight?......have you ever done it using 3 strands of worsted weight?
i never can seem to use the recommended yarn on anything ! LOL .. i have the stash from hell.. and i just usually use from it..

there have been times i have used 6 small strands of various colours and sizes and gone up to an S hook instead of using the Q... there have been times I have used 4 strands.. and times i have had thick yarn and only used 2.. so I guess it just depends on you .. all the yarns and ways I have made it .. have always turned out nice

I like Jiffy yarn .. my sister did one in the Jiffy but she only used two strands because she didnt want it super thick .. she used a variegate and a solid..

Archived