Yarn Winders

MadreBug

Question

I'm wanting to get a yarn winder. My budget is very strict. Do any of you have suggestions on non-budget busting winders? I'm hoping for one that will make larger cakes as I have a couple of pound skeins. I know that's asking a lot but thought I'd try. I figure one of you lovely crocheters might be able to help me out

3 answers to this question

I bought a yarn winder sometime around 2010 or 2011.  I just went online and looked for "yarn winders".  I bought one on EBay for around $15.  Not sure what price they are now, but mine is still working fine, so I'm happy with it!  It isn't one of the fancy ones--just plastic, but hey!  It's probably paid for itself 10 times over, so I can't complain!!  I can wind around 3 cakes out of a Pounder ball of yarn.  If you wind one much bigger than that, it gets too loose as you use the yarn, and that makes it unwieldy. (I always crochet out of the center, because it doesn't bounce around everywhere as you use up the yarn.  Good luck!  Let me know if you have any more questions.

15 hours ago, MadreBug said:

Avon Lady, 

Do you know what brand yours is?

No, it doesn't say anywhere on it.  I just bought another one this Sunday to have one at the Senior Center where we have our Crochet Club meetings!  It was even cheaper--$13.99 and NO shipping charge!!  I just went to EBay, typed in "yarn winders", and scrolled down to find the best price!  It should be in this week!!

Archived