In the Butterfly Garden questions

catwoman

Question

Hi.:DI wondering if you guys can help me figure out this out.I am using this pattern by chris simone.you can get it free here https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/butterfly-garden-square

I want to go by Lindsey Newns on her website for a big blanket .her website on the pattern for a blanket  is https://lottieandalbert.blogspot.ca/

I need help understanding on what she means by continuing the pattern repeat until 9 rows of butterflies?What does she mean by continuing the pattern repeat? what is the  last  rows with the pattern repeat on  it and how would a person continue doing  that  ?How can i figure this out?:(Any help would be nice.What do you guys think?

6 answers to this question

So, the blanket is just the Chris Simon square, but continuing adding rounds until blanket size.  

Each butterfly repeat is made over 3 rounds of DC and 'butterflies', plus a round of SC (so, 4 rounds).  Notice the how the first circle of butterflies are positioned, and the second circle of butterflies are positioned between the butterflies in the first circle, and the third circle of butterflies are positioned like the first row (except more butterflies), and so on.  So the first circle of butterflies is a repeat of 4 rounds, and the second circle of butterflies is a different 4 rounds, the third round is like the first round except wider, the 4th round is like the second but wider...etc.

So after repeating rounds 1-10 of the butterfly square, you will repeat rounds 3-10 over and over until the blanket is the size you want.  This is 8 rounds, so you are repeating the 2 different butterfly circles; the only difference is there will be a longer distance between the corners each time.  

Ch 2 spaces at the corners?  You mean, how does it get bigger, since you will be following instructions for shorter rows, but across more stitches?  Notice the on the rows of the repeats, in the original instruction it tells you to repeat from * x amount of times.  As you work beyond the original pattern row 10, the number of repeats of the * sections will increase.  

Have you ever made a granny square?   It's sort of like that, once you get the center few rounds started you don't count how many sets of granny shells you make before the corners, you just make granny shells to the corner, then make a corner, repeat.  This is very similar.  You should be able to see what you need to do to get to each corner after the original 2 circles of butterflies.

Archived