Pattern instruction help

DarthKennedy

Question

I’m a complete beginner and am having trouble reading a particular pattern instruction for a Star Wars amigurumi. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The instruction is: 

Rounds 5-8: (4 rounds) sc in each st around — 24 st. 

Now, Does this mean that I should do 24 stitches in total over the 4 rounds... or 24 stitches x 4? Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Just to add to what Redrosesdz said, some crochet patterns will have a 'sanity check' stitch count at the end of each round, so you can go back and double check that all is well.

The pattern 'should have' also said you ended round 4 with 24 stitches, because the next 4 rounds are 'worked even' (no increases or decrease), so no change in stitch count per round.  I said 'should have', assuming the pattern author was being consistent in putting the stitch count after every round. 

Thank you so much! It doesn’t seem that these patterns are “extreme beginner” friendly - but that helps a lot! As this is my first time ever reading a crochet pattern, I’m so glad that there are forums like this where I can gain some experienced help :) 

Archived