Bunny mummy sewing tog questions

catwoman

Question

Hi.:)I was wondering if you guys could help me understand what she does in the pictures and steps to help me understand the method and what she is doing on the pics and steps .the website with it on is :(

Bunnymummy-Jacquie.blogspot.com/2011/06/sewing-granny-squares-together.html

1 answer to this question

First, when you sew something (machine sewing or crocheting), you usually  put the right sides together so the sewing part, which might not look as nice, is in the back side of the piece.

I started to describe this, but decided to draw a pic.  I'm drawing the chain as a sideways V, with each loop of the v a different color.  When you sew together, you want to insert the needle under the wrong side loops, which are on the outside, because the right side loops are together on the inside.  Insert the needle under the bottom grey loop, skip the 2 black loop, and put the needle under the top grey loop (you could do this in the opposite direction as well, needle under the top grey loop, over the black loops, under the bottom grey loop). It's a whip stitch, leaving the inner loops free. I hope this helps.

sew right  sides together.png

Archived