What type if stitch is this?

benneb166

Question

3 answers to this question

To me it looks like the stitches vary from round to round. The first round looks like alternating sc, ch.  Next is 2 dc in the ch-sp and I don't think there's any chains, but there might be.  Next looks like 2 sc, ch-2 around.  The green is definitely the granny stitch (3 dc in the ch-sp, ch-2 alternating around.)  Next looks like a short granny stitch (substitute 3 sc.)  The turquoise is 3 dc in the burgandy's ch-sp, but I'm not sure what's inbetween.  There's at least an sc between the 3-dc clusters. 

That's as far as I'm going to take it, because it looks like every round on that cuff is a different stitch combination.  You'd need to get the pattern or examine it in person, in my opinion.

hi Benne, welcome to the ville!  if i am looking at the right green part, it is a cluster stitch, https://www.anniescatalog.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=47

that shows it done with 4 dc, but yours has only 3 dc.  there will be 4 loops on the hook before you pull through the final loop.

this can be made with the dc based all in one spot, as in your example where they are made into a chain space, or the dc can be based in separate stitches.  it would also be called a dc decrease, or dc3tog (dc 3 together)

Archived