Discontinued Bamboospun yarn

AtomBombBaby

I just started crocheting not too long ago, and I fell in love with the Yarn Bee Bamboospun yarn that was sold at Hobby Lobby, but unfortunately, and my luck, it has been discontinued.  I didn't know if anyone knew where I could try to look for the discontinued yarn.

Also, I would like to ask around if anyone has a favorite soft yarn that they like to use.  My knowledge of yarn still needs to be improved on, but I was just trying to see what others like to use to see if I can find one I like.  Thank you!

Welcome to Crochetville!

I never heard of it, because Hobby Lobby isn't near me.  (Although one is going in the same shopping complex as JoAnn's and Micheal's next month.  Yea!)  So, I looked it up.  There isn't even a very close substitute for it at yarn substitute ... http://yarnsub.com/yarns/yarn_bee/bamboospun_aran

I've never worked with bamboo yarn, either.  Although I've seen and felt finished products made of bamboo yarn.  They're really soft!  To me, hemp yarn is a similar plant fiber.  It's a bit rough feeling while you're working with it.  Then you wash it a few times and it turns into soft as cashmere.  I tend to work with less expensive yarns, due to budget constraints.  AC Moore has a hemp yarn in a Downton Abbey collection.  I haven't tried it, yet, but I'm going to as soon as I think of a project for it that I want to do.  I just tried to search for it, but I can't remember who makes it and AC Moore doesn't have an online catalog.

My favorite super soft yarn is Premier's Parfait.  It's a chenille, so it has no rigidity and tends to worm it's way out of shape and woven ends.  However, finished products are light as air, super soft and very warm.

A while back I started a thread, Yarn Tips.  Lot's of people added some great advice... 

Hi and welcome to the boards!

If you are a member of Ravelry (it is free to join), you can see this search I did that is for bamboo yarn in aran weight.  You might be able to find something there that will suit you.  Keep in mind that cost varies.

http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/search#query=bamboo&discontinued=no&weight=aran&view=thumblist&sort=best

Also you might try the destash board here.  Some one might have some.

https://forum.crochetville.com/forum/47-recycling-center/

Or at Ravelry there is the yarn page for it and some are willing to trade or sell.  Here is the search for that.

http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/yarn-bee-bamboospun-77-23-blend/stashes?status=trade&cf=%3F&photoless=0&search=

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was able to buy some bamboo spun on a clearance display Sat, Sept 2017. I would be willing to get some and sell or trade it.   I am making a baby blanket and there was only one of the color the Mom likes best. So try your local stores, and if you are really keen, those of friends. Good luck.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:39 PM, cyre said:

Hi, new here.  Desperate for a single ball of the blue bamboo spun yarn from Hobby Lobby.  Can't find it anywhere!

Is this a solid? I am looking for a bamboospun "Vintage". It is turquoise, brown and cream. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2017 at 9:39 PM, cyre said:

Hi, new here.  Desperate for a single ball of the blue bamboo spun yarn from Hobby Lobby.  Can't find it anywhere!

I have a skein of blue bamboospun yarn from Hobby Lobby. I assume they only made one shade of blue. I was starting to use it for a project but it won't break my heart to let it go. Let me know if you are interested. I am really disappointed that they discontinued it - I really love working with this yarn! 

I have a full and a partial skein of the Sky Blue, I’ve seen Denim listed on Ravelry and there is also a Navy which is the one I am on a desperate search for.  I am willing to buy or trade for some and I also have a couple of others colors, Dark Sky and Camo.  I have a full skein and partial in both of those.  Loisdd I have two small partial skeins of what I think is Vintage.  See the attached photo and let me know.  Also, if you can find the Navy at your Hobby Lobby I would be eternally grateful!

9FD585BA-7501-4A53-BB13-EA8E2359CC16.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Archived