Crochet Diagram Help

Valentina

Question

I have successfully followed a few crochet diagrams, without any problems...but this particular one is driving me crazy! :bang

I'm quite familiar with the crochet diagram symbols.... I have tried researching online but I am not convinced about these symbols.... any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am guessing that it starts out by multiples of 17, the single lines are HDC, with sets of SC2TOG and TR crochet clusters and fans on the outermost part.... and the solid dots.... slip stitches?  :think

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

welcome to the ville!

We really are not supposed to post images that do not belong to us.  if this is in a book or magazine, tell us the title.  if it is on the site of a yarn company, designer, publisher, or other copyright holder of the image, you can give us the link to it. 

Hass Design has a nice list of symbols 

dots can be used to indicate chains also, which is the only thing that makes sense in this case.  they can't be sl sts as there is noting for them to be worked into .  hmmm well i guess a sl st is just a ch worked into a st, so it's logical to show them as dots too---not sure i ever realized that before!  but looks like here the sl st is a little curved line.  

edit for typo, 

Thank you! :U  I will be more careful about posting images.... :photo  I really like the page you sent me very helpful! I had searched for a few hours but didnt find one with the HDC symbol... :thair   LOL good point about the chain stitch - slip stitch! I didnt think of it that way, and was sleepy when I posted! :morcoffee 

Thanks for the quick reply :dance 

Dear, If you could be so kind as to point me in the right direction.... I am curious as to why there are a pair slip stitches at the beggining of the rows under the clusters.... Is this worked into rounds and not rows?!.... also, I am having some problems with the clusters, I have tried various ways from previous expieriences of a similar pattern...but they are not looking right at all!
at the end of the HDC row, I turned then slip stitched into the first HDC, then chained 4 and made the first vertical cluster in that HDC, then I tried to make the 2 horizontal clusters in the top of that same vertical cluster.... the one on the left first then the right one after that :headache

thanks! :coffee 

I had the impression, because this was diagrammed in a curve, that it was an edging for a fabric circle--I'm pretty sure it's not in rows.

Do you mean the 2 pink dots under the black clusters in round 2?  Those are chain stitches from round 1, from the middle of the V stitches (or really, between the ^ stitches).  The round 2 clusters are 3 trebles together.

Oh...yes....this would be worked in rounds.  the beginning of round is right in the center of the first round, to the right of "serie".  there is a sl st to end the 1st round/begin 2nd.  then we can see that the first cluster has a ch4 to start it.  on succeeding rounds the start of round moves to the right to accomodate the fan shapes.  

you could adapt it to make it in rows but it wouldn't lay flat unless you changed a lot.  

Archived