Putting Baby Bunting Together

MariferGuerra

Question

Hi everyone! I am trying to make this baby bunting and I'm having some issues. the body and the hoodie for the most part looks right. Im having some issues with the sleeves they don't look right even though i followed the exact instructions. Also sewing all of it together (with exception of the bottom) I have no idea what I am doing. Has anyone done something like this? This is what I have so far... If so, please HELP! Thank you! Great day to everyone!!

post-79213-0-67654400-1488309442_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Instead of posting pictures that don't belong to you, could you post the link to the pattern?  If it's in a book or magazine, please list the name of the pattern, book, magazine, date, etc.  Anything that could help us find it.  (By the way, you need to remove the pictures, because it's against the forum rules to post things that don't belong to you.)  In addition, to helping us find the pattern, pictures of what you've done so far would help us help you.

Here's an excellent guide on how to sew crochet pieces together ...

http://www.lionbrand.com/blog/5-tips-for-seaming-or-sewing-up-knit-crochet-pieces/

I deleted my earlier post as I misread your pattern, and hadn't seen your photo.

The arm holes look much too shallow.  The armhole should be (looking at the direction for the front, which shapes the armhole) 6 rows even, then the part with the neck shaping is 5 rows, so should be 6+5=11 rows for each front, and the same on the back to match, so the arm opening will be 11 rows on each side, or 22 rows.  The sleeve is 24 stitches, which doesn't sound like too big of a disconnect since the 24 stitches of the sleeve will be sewn to the 22 row ends of the armhole, and hdc are slightly taller than wide.

Coincidentally, the gauge is 11 rows = 4", so the armhole would be 8 inches around, which sounds about right looking at the pattern photo.  Your armhole, however, doesn't look nearly that deep; did you perhaps overlook the neck shaping rows?

Also, the pattern doesn't tell you to sew the sleeve into a tube, at the sides (row ends) before sewing to the body (or I'm missing it).  Otherwise, the other 'sew together' instructions look right.

Archived