winnie the Pooh pattern help

felixicats

Question

HI

I have purchased pattern Winnie the Pooh and Friends, and startet Pooh, and now stopped again.

It is my first pattern in English since i am from Denmark.

I am now attaching the legs.

I have counted - and tried again, and counted and tried again several times. I understand the part where you work behind the stitch but in round 17 I shall work 16 sc between the legs and in round 18 I shall work 22 st.

I can't get that many with the increase.

I would like to know what i could be doing wrong and I can see that several of you has made this pattern years ago,

Can anybody help.

thank you

Annette

11 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

People come an go from forums.  Those that made it years ago may or may not still be active.  Hopefully someone here has made it.  Just in case there's not someone here with that pattern's experience ...

It's a purchased pattern, so those of us that haven't made it, can't see it.  It is okay to type out a couple of rows/rounds.  Would you tell us what rounds 16, 17 and 18 are?  That might give us enough information to help. 

Hello redrosesdz
Thank you for your quick reply. It is a vintage pattern i have recently bought from Etsy. I have only started to crochet recently, I had hoped someone knew the pattern, but then again. Things don't always come easy, so here we go the hard way,

Round 16 (joining round) (joining legs with body.
Sc in next 42 sc, 2 sc in next sc, holding First Leg and Body with right sides together, matching marked sc on First Leg with next sc on Body, and working through both thicknesses, sc in next 11 sc, leave remaining 16 sc on First Leg unworked, working in sc on Body, decrease, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 12 sc, 2 sc in next sc, decrease (i.e between the legs,my comment), holding Second Leg and Body with right sides together, matching marked sc on Second Leg with next sc on Body, and working through both thicknesses, sc in next 11 sc, leave remaining 16 sc on Second Leg unworked, working in sc on Body, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 15 sc: 101 sc
Round 17
Sc in next 4 sc (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 18 sc) twice, decrease, sc i next unworked sc on First Leg, working in  sc behind same leg, sc in next sc, ch 9, skip next 9 sc, sc in next sc, skip next 14 unworked sc on same leg, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc 

on Body, sc in next 16 sc: 2 sc in next sc, sc in next unworked sc on Second Leg, working in sc behind same leg, sc in next sc, ch 9, skip next 9 sc, sc in next sc, skip next 14 unworked sc on same leg, sc in next sc, working in sc on Body, decrease, sc in next 15 sc:  89 sc

Round 18

Sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 19 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 17 sc, decrease, sc in next sc and in next skipped sc on First Leg, working in sc behind same leg, sc in next sc, ch 8, sc in next sc, skip next 12 sc on same leg, sc in next sc, sc in next 22 sc on Body and in next skipped sc on Second Leg, working in sc behind same leg, sc in next sc, ch 8, sc in next sc, skip next 12 sc on same leg, sc in next sc on leg and in next sc on Body, decrease, sc in next 14 sc :93 sc

So, that was that. The hard way. Hope anyone can see through all this. It is difficult enough even with the project in hands. I cannot get 22 st between the legs in round 18, and i can see, that there is also 22 sc between the legs in round 19, so I was unsure if there was an error. and I am not sure I understand "sc in next 22 sc on Body and in next skipped sc on Second Leg. I wonder if it means I shall work 1 body and 1 leg sc together to one sc. This is my first attempt crocheting in English and I am not sure, if I should regret it. I was obvious not easy on myself.

Thank you if anyone can see through this.

Annette

Hi, welcome to the ville!

When looking at the projects that Sarisue linked to, you can click where it says "filter these projects" and choose ones marked as helpful already, which will narrow down the number you have to look through.  Also you can choose projects that have notes.  And the comments and forum posts can be helpful too.  

Good luck and do let us know :hook

Now I have been to Ravelry. ------worked through projects, topics, comments, blogs, forums and i don't seem to find a solution to my speclal problem.

I think I will just have to wait it patiently out here, to see if there is anybody who can help. Meanwhile Pooh will be left in peace.

Hi Laubensar, welcome to the ville!  if you haven't already, you may want to look at the Ravelry projects page that Saris linked to http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pooh

along with all the other stuff you can get to from that page, I notice there's a new thread there that was started in July so the new info in it may help you http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/crochet-toys/3656400/1-25

Hey Laubensar and welcome

I have just seen your mail this day since I have changed mail adress and forgot to change it here.

I can see that you have already had some helpful replies and I am glad, since poor Winne was laid to rest in a drawer and it seems such a long time ago now. I have not looked at the pattern in almost a year and I thought it very difficult. I am Danish and thought it was my poor English that was the reason. Perhaps I should revive him now and try again perhaps with a fine help from the Ravelry site. I have also tried to crochet Pluto baby and that went well, but I cannot seem to put him together the right way. But I still try.

Carry on with Pooh, I am sure you will succeed

Archived