Michaels projects?

creekbottom

Question

I picked up a free pattern off a Michaels shelf while I was browsing yarn.  A month later I decided to buy the stuff and make it.  At the bottom of the little card I got it says " for more detailed instructions visit michaels.com and enter project #####".  Except I can't find the project number!!!  

Has this happened to anyone?  Do they blow through patterns that quickly?

6 answers to this question

Yes, Loops and Threads is Michael's brand.  I tried to search for the name with and without the name of the yarn and came up with nothing.  Hopefully someone with better search skills can find it.

I find that it usually takes 3-5 business days to hear back from a big company.  If you don't hear from them after a week, try again with the mention that you contacted them a week ago and no one responded.  Usually when I put that at the beginning of my second or third contact, I get a fairly quick response.  No company wants to be known as being non-responsive.

Darn, sorry that didn't help.  What's sort of concerning, is that I've made a couple of items from Michaels tear-off patterns, they've been complete and they didn't say to contact Michaels for more details.  But...I just looked at those tear-offs, they weren't for Michaels brand yarns.

I also struck out trying to search for a pattern by that name.  I did notice that Michaels publishes Loops and Thread booklets, I wonder if it's in a booklet  that might not be free on the internet...but then you think the tear-off would have said 'for further details see book xx'

If you don't hear from Michaels, your yarn is Super Bulky--here are some free cowl patterns, hopefully one might be similar?  You can refine the search by selecting the yardage range (menu on the left) of what you have on hand.

Assuming the pattern is complete, maybe we can help--It's OK to type a line or 2 of a pattern (just not the whole pattern) here.

I did get  a response from michaels today, they are going to look for it and make sure it is on the website, then send me that as well. Although, I've given up on the pattern.  I decided to tear apart what I already did and find a different one, wasn't really enjoying it anyway.  

Archived