Can anyone help me please

Rosa Appel

Question

5 answers to this question

there are many many chevron patterns, like the one Mary Jo linked. so you have lots of choices for crocheting a chevron pattern.  but are you trying to recreate exactly what is in the photos?  

I'm not at all sure the photo shows a crocheted piece.  whatever the technique used to make it, the fabric appears to be very fine so you would need really lightweight thread to make it.

what information do you have about the photos?  

what tv show is it?

in the photos i can see what could be crochet sts in the more solid part.  the open part looks like single threads which is possible to do in crochet using a "drop stitch" but would be more common in knitting or weaving.  i can't see a hook though her hands seem to be in a crocheting position.  

if the show is a documentary then i would assume if they say crochet it actually is crochet.  but if it is a fiction show, she could be holding a store bought blanket that is knit or woven, and a crochet hook.  remember the ads where the animated characters were supposed to be quilting but doing so with knitting needles?  a lot of people who don't do any crafts cannot tell one from another apparently.  

Archived