scmkthomsen@gmail.com

Question

Hi!

I am crocheting this awesome doll from Lalylala (fantastic patterns) and have come to a big big problem. It has two large ears at the back and I cant seem to get it right. If someone could help me I would be so happy. I have been struggling with them for 8 hours now. A video would be the ideal and I would really appreciate the time and efford

The pattern:

Make a foundation chain of 16 ch and start the following first
row in the 2nd chain from hook:
# row
01. sc 14, sc 3 into the last stitch, do not turn now!
Instead continue working on the other side of the
chain (into the back of the chain): sc 13 - turn (30 sts)

(I will only post a small piece of the pattern when it is copyright protected and I dont belive I have gone against that by posting this small piece)

When I do this it turns out very wrong.  

Picture is of how it should look   (link to Magnetic Mary) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/32592331@N07/28546301202 

My first language is Danish and not english so there will be a lot of mistakes

Sincearly Sheila :D

post-78245-0-91893000-1471880762_thumb.png

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

Is the part that is confusing the part after "do not turn now"?

See in the photo, where there is the piece of yarn coming out of the middle?  That point, to the most pointed end, is the chain.  

You are working in a U shape.  The U will keep growing in the direction of the bottom of the U.  You can see in the top photo- the stitches between the tail and the right tip of the ear are close together, then as you look to the left, they grow further apart?  Each row around the U become further apart from the chain.

Below is a crude diagram.  I hope this helps?  The black line is the chain, the dot at the end of the chain is where the yarn end is coming out.  Red is the first row around the chain, blue the second row.

post-13625-0-88412200-1471885263_thumb.png

We have many members here who would love to help you. However, we have to do so while following our forum's copyright policies, which state that you can only post the one row of instructions you need help with (possibly the previous row, if needed for clarity). I've had to remove several lines of pattern instructions from your post to comply with our policies.

If you can post a link to the actual pattern, perhaps someone who has the pattern will be able to help you.

Also due to copyright laws, only the pattern designer/publisher should post a video showing how to make the pattern. While we can't help with the video aspect, you could try contacting the designer directly to see if she has any videos available.

The ear pattern is very similar to classic Irish crochet leaf shapes.  Here is a free original pattern for a tawashi with a similar form (not exactly the same size etc. as your ears, but the same basic concept).  It has a stitch diagram which might help you visualize better than my sketch ;)

You will need a PDF reader to see the pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/my-leaf-tawashi

Archived