Ribbons & Roses hat

Avon Lady

Question

Does anyone have a copy of Crochet Digest, Spring 1997, or know how I can contact someone from that magazine?  I ran across a beautiful Victorian Hat Hanging decoration that I dearly love!  It is intermediate, which I'm ok with, but I believe there are several mistakes in it!  It's called Ribbons & Roses Hat.

Has anyone ever made this, or tried to?

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

2 answers to this question

Are you working from the original magazine, or did you find it online?  It's posted for free in 2 spots, links here

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ribbons-and-roses-hat  (you need to join to get the pattern; Free-crochet spams a lot, Freepatterns.com doesn't)

It's possible that errors were corrected in the links...but if you're using one of the above, (I believe) these are Annies' Attic/DRG publications sites, which might be an avenue to pursue for help on the pattern.  There's one completed project on Ravelry but no comments about errors found.

Thanks for a quick answer, Granny Square!  I, too, found those 2 links--but alas!  They are both just original patterns from the book I have--same questionable parts and everything!  In fact, they're just reprints of the original in the book!

I managed to redo two of the errors on my own. but if this goes on, I may get too frustrated!!  One of the errors was really obvious!  On Rnd 3, at the end, it said to repeat the pattern 19 times--It only needed 10 repeats!!  The other error was in Rnd 4.   After I got the gist of what they wanted us to do, I figured out that row on my own.  But now I'm dealing with one on Rnd 7!!!! :(  I'll just have to get away from it for a while...maybe someone will come up with a good solution, or my search for the author and her solutions!!!  It's a beautiful item, and I'm really wanting to make it!!

Thanks, Granny Square!

Archived