Amigurumi beginner - sides?

pretendworld_

Question

I'm left-handed and am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to stitch the right side of amigurumi. I made myself a cute little mushroom from a pattern and had no idea I had done it 'inside out' until it was stuffed and finished off. I still think it looks cute, but I am aware how much tidier the 'right side' looks.

I can't work out how to do my next project the right way. It's a pattern for a teddy bear with head and body as one piece. My mind is boggled as to how to do this as I can't flip the piece inside out when done. Anyone got any tips? Much appreciated! I am so keen to get started but am feeling a little bit defeated.

2 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville!

I'm not left-handed, but I googled "how to left-handed amigurumi crochet" and came across a short video on how to tell the right side...

I hope it helps!  If not there are other written and video tutorials out there for left-handed amigurumi.  Good luck!!

ETA: Thanks, Kathy, for the video link tip!  :)

edit - I was typing too slowly, Redrosesdz, I was trying to explain in words what the video did much better and quickly.  

This can happen to right handers too.  Just keep the right side out by imagining the round as the rim of the teacup and keep working from the side you drink from.

Archived