Problem with Magenta color yarn..

USpolishgirl

I am working on a very colorful Lovey. I fallen in love  with that Lovey when I saw a picture of that. It reminds me of those colors in Crayola box. I need Magenta color for two last rounds of dc and a little more for a part of the head of that monkey. I am using for that SSRH yarn because I do have all the other colors needed for that. I was just looking at Joann.com they do not have that. I was looking at different yarns in the same category when it comes to weight & look with no Luck:(. I even checked Red Heart company. They do have 120 colors of that SS yarn but NO Magenta!! :(. I think I am going to have to look for a similaur yarn from differant company's. I hope I will find that..

I would really appreciate any suggestion where I could find that yarn..?.

Thanks

Krys

• 2 weeks later...

Aw, that's a shame.  I think purples are the hardest color to find.  They're either too blue or too red or too dark or too light.  I remember spending hours trying to find 2 purples that would go together.  My GD loves purple.  I don't remember seeing Magenta.  The ones that are too red also are dark, rather than bright.  Why aren't there as many yarn colors as fabric colors?  (rhetorical question)

Aw, that's a shame.  I think purples are the hardest color to find.  They're either too blue or too red or too dark or too light.  I remember spending hours trying to find 2 purples that would go together.  My GD loves purple.  I don't remember seeing Magenta.  The ones that are too red also are dark, rather than bright.  Why aren't there as many yarn colors as fabric colors?  (rhetorical question)

I was very disappointed when I got that yarn. I just I do not know how can anyone call that a Magenta color??. Yes it is an ugly dark plum. 

Buying stuff on Internet is very handy. The only minus to that is: you do not really know what you might get.. ???.

I think I know the an swear to your question: They just want to drive us nuts, that is why! LOL.

Krys

Krys,

If you do try it, please let us know how it turns out!  I don't have the guts to try it myself.  I remember trying to tye-dye back in the 70's and it was a disaster!  I've stayed away from trying to dye anything since then.  I guess I'm a bit older now and should try it again ... LOL

Redroses if I ever try that, I will let you know how that turned out:). 

I think that would work on wool & cotton not on acrylic. While ago I seen a video on dyeing acrylic yarn with acrylic paint mixed with water. Yes it worked when it comes to colors BUT that yarn was coming out a lot stiffer after that. Now, that was not very good!:(.. 

I remember tye-dye..I made a big mess too! LOL.

I just finished my Lovey:). I did finished that second thick baby blanket, this one for a girl. I might add some flowers for a corner. I am not sure about that. I will take  pictures soon. I started working on a Minion hat for my new 7 year old neighbor-boy, and I do not even know the size of his head :(. I finished a colorful hat for his 5 year old little sister I do not know her size either, I hope it will fit!. Next time I go there I am taking my measuring tape with me!.

I crocheted one baby hat. Probably a row or two too many..NO problem, now all I need to do it is just to look for a kid with a looong skinny head! LOL.

I was planning to crochet some items for Valentine Day...I don't think I will have any time to do that.

Krys

Archived