Pattern Help

crochet junkie

Question

Hi, fellow crocheters

I'm a newbie that accidentally stumbled across your website... Hallelujah! :yay I've already found a whole bunch of useful information just by scanning through the threads.

I've been trying to work off a pattern for a diamond trellis throw, and I need help interpreting the directions for row 4. The directions are as follows:

Ch5, sc in ch-5 lp, *3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp **, ch 5, sc in next lp; rep from * to last sc, end at **; ch 2, dc in last sc; turn.

What is confusing me is the part where it says rep from * to last sc, end at **.

Does this mean that I should 3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp to the last sc, then ch 5, sc in next lp or does it mean that I should 3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp, ch 5, sc in next lp to the last sc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

it looks like you do the pattern from the * across and as i understand from what you put here you carry on across and as you come to the end of row you finish at the **

Ch5, sc in ch-5 lp, *3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp **, ch 5, sc in next lp; rep

from * then when you come near the end you do *3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp **, then finish with ch 2, dc in last sc; turn. :) hope this makes sense and :help you :manyheart:hook

Hi, fellow crocheters

I'm a newbie that accidentally stumbled across your website... Hallelujah! :yay I've already found a whole bunch of useful information just by scanning through the threads.

I've been trying to work off a pattern for a diamond trellis throw, and I need help interpreting the directions for row 4. The directions are as follows:

Ch5, sc in ch-5 lp, *3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp **, ch 5, sc in next lp; rep from * to last sc, end at **; ch 2, dc in last sc; turn.

What is confusing me is the part where it says rep from * to last sc, end at **.

Does this mean that I should 3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp to the last sc, then ch 5, sc in next lp or does it mean that I should 3 dc in next sc, sc in next lp, ch 5, sc in next lp to the last sc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived