Designing charted crochet

AbigailsMommy

Question

Hello all, it has been many years since I have been on the board but I haven't stopped crocheting.

I come to you seeking help. We attended our last ValleyCats (Houston Astros minor league single A team) game last night. We are season ticket holders and my 7 year old daughter is in love with the game. I have a team logo that I would like to use to make an afghan to give a player of her choosing next season. How do I go about designing this afghan with the logo and making it big enough? Can you please help?

2 answers to this question

If you use the link above, don't choose the knitting graph type ( knitting stitches are not square, you need a square graph)

There are several choices for grid dimensions.  To figure out what is best, do a test swatch and figure out how many stitches per inch you'd like for your blanket, then figure out how big you want your motif.  

Example, let's say your gauge is 4 stitches per inch, and you want your logo to be in the center 2' of your blanket.  4x24=96 stitches just for your motif.

If you have a drawing program, you can adjust the number of stitches in your motif by re-sizing the file that you upload (put more or less white space around the logo).   

Archived