Pattern Help (Egg Carton)

Granny5eh

Question

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the ville!

There are lots of tutorials on seaming but i doubt if there is one for this specific task.

What exactly does the pattern say about sewing it? Could you link to the site where you bought it so we can see a photo? And post a photo of the pieces you have made?

Oh my goodness, there's a pattern for everything.  I found a (now unavailable) pattern for crocheted eggs in a crocheted egg carton, is this it (or similar?)

The most obvious thing that might be sewn is the lid to the bottom of the carton.  You could crochet slip stitch these together (would leave a raised seam), or sew together with a simple whip stitch or mattress stitch.

Here is a link to a tutorial with different methods of joining including those I mentioned.

Edit, I just realized that you would probably also have to sew the cups together.  Any method above would work; the easiest way to sew motifs or something like this together would be to make a long seam down the middle, which would connect all 6 cups (if the pattern I linked resembles yours) together with a 'spine' down the middle, then sew seams across.

Archived