Thumb gusset

Gracie Carreon

Question

I sure would Greatly Appreciate any and all Help!!!! I found a easy pattern but it sure is given me a hardtime and when I google thumb gusset I get knitting not crochet (I just want to scream).....anyways the pattern is from Love of crochet winter 2014 and it is called novice mittens. pattern reads very first thing and that's where I'm stuck reads: mark 2nd st of rnd. Cont in dc, inc 1 st each side of this st every rnd a total of 4 times. (38 sts).

Your time and help would be so Welcome and Appreciated, Thank you in advance.....gracie

11 answers to this question

Put a marker in the second stitch you made in the round. Keep working around, makng a dc in each stitch. When you get to the marker, make an increase in the stitch before the marked stitch and in the stitch after it. You will have to keep track of the marked stitch as you add rows, so you may want to add markers to the stitches immediately above the initial marked stitch.

An increase is usually just making two stitches into one stitch. If the pattern wants something else, it should spell that out.

Thank you Granny Square that is a Great!!! tip......

Also to magiccrochetfan a Big T Y as well and I hate to be a pain and I understand you explanation but why don't I get 38 sts in the first round and what's this 4 times?

Again and again I can't express enough how much I appreciate your help and patince.....

looks like 38 stitches is how many you will have after doing this round 4 times, adding 2 sts on each round.  so i believe you should have 30 sts on the round before the increases start.  

just take it step by step and do exactly what the pattern says to do.  

and welcome to the ville!

Thank you for the Welcome !! hope I don't wear it out .... do you understand it to be going around the whole glove because as of right now I do have 30 sts. Or do you think it just the part that goes around thumb ...? It doesn't even say to turn or anything ..... I apologize but I DO Appreciate ya.....Thanks again.....

I don't know, i don't have the magazine. Be sure you have read the whole pattern, there is often lots of info at the very beginning that explains the construction. Or the section after this one may clarify it.

Yay, Yay!!!! Do'in a happy dance....With your help I figured it out .... I doubt their will be anyone denser then me but just for the record; it inc., by 2 each row so my prev., row had 30 than next row was 32 , next row was 34 , next was 36 and the final 4th time is when you end up with 38.....

I'm so not used to that usually a pattern will tell you what you end up with after fnishing 1 row not 4 rows.....

Thanks a Huge Bunch for everything!!!!!

Archived