Help With Small Photo Mat

ShalasYarnThings

Question

I'm new to this forum and am looking for some help.  I'm new to crocheting and have most of the basics down.  I've done some projects and can usually find help via youtube or other online help.  I really want to make this mat, but can't figure out this pattern!

Ch 46

Row 1: Ch 1, sc across (45 stitches)

Row 2: Ch 4 (this counts as the first dc and ch here and throughout)

Dc in the SAME stitch. *Skip one stitch V stitch in the next.

Repeat from the * until you get to the last stitch. V stitch in the last stitch (there should be 15 V stitches)

When I get finished with Row 2 I end up with way more than 15 V stitches and can not figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Can someone walk me through this first part of this pattern?

TIA for any and all help!

2 answers to this question

What pattern is it?  If you think about it if you make a V stitch into every other stitch starting with 45 stitches, you should have 22-ish V stitches (45 divided by 2=22.5) not 15.  45 divided by 3 is 15, so this should work as Magiccrochet fan says.

Normally if you are making a shell (V-stitch is as type of shell), the span of stitches that you work into & skip is the same as the number of stitches in the shell.  Example, there are many types of V-stitches, but I'm guessing yours is DC, ch-1, DC, so 3 stitches.  Making the V-stitch in 1 stitch, and skipping 2, is a span of 3 stitches.

Archived