Trying to make a ball

pyjamas

Question

Hi all I'm new here and hoping someone can help. I'm trying make a ball shape (not quite a ball its the body for a toy) but all I end up with is a long tube type structure rather than a nice round shape. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong by that description alone they are a star! Any help greatly intereested and if you would like a pic to demonstrate what I mean please ask and will try to add.

Many thanks

3 answers to this question

Are you using a pattern?  If not, Google "crocheted ball". It should tell you how to crochet a ball shape.  Or even Google "crocheted Humpty Dumpty or something like that.  Let us know if this helps.  Good luck!

Sometimes it can be the pattern you are using I copy and pasted a pattern & started a head (ball shape) & it looked like a mushroom why? well the person who wrote the pattern skipped like 5 rows of sc rows which creates the correct cupping style only reason I caught it was I printed out 2 or 3 projects that all started w/ the same type of head and found the missing lines in the other patterns lol...:O) so maybe check a different head pattern to see if that is the issue....hope that may help but don't give up once you do one amigurumi (trust me I just started this week)  I am already addicted and on to my 4 th project....

Archived