Why is my work curling???

LoriZubie

Question

5 answers to this question

Curling is pretty normal... sometimes it's a sign that you're working too tight, but usually it's just a perfectly normal result of crochet. :)

Looking at the picture of what it's supposed to look like, I would totally expect that to curl at the corners while you're working on it. No worries. :)

Curling is pretty normal... sometimes it's a sign that you're working too tight, but usually it's just a perfectly normal result of crochet. :)

Looking at the picture of what it's supposed to look like, I would totally expect that to curl at the corners while you're working on it. No worries. :)

Yeah... that's what it's doing... curling at the corners. Will it eventually un-curl? Is there something I need to do to get it to stop curling?

P.S. How are your ratties?

I made this case and it did curl at the corners. I added some eyelash yarn as a border around the whole thing, and that helped a little, but it does still want to roll up a bit. Doesn't affect the functionality of it, though...I still enjoy using mine.

could blocking it help? I've never let curling bother me... but I know my students often stress over it. :)

Ratties are doing well! :D Complete goofballs. :D

Okay, I will keep it the way it is and try not to stress about the curling. If it bothers me too much, I'll add some eyelash yarn around the edges to help keep it in line!

I can't wait to finish this case. I think it will hold almost all of my supplies. Or at least the supplies I need to keep with me at all times!

Archived