Daisy Afghan Blanket Help!

CrochetAddict85

Question

Right I found this tutorial:

http://tillietulip.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pink-shasta-daisy-blanket-is-finished.html

To which I have been out and bought some wool with my birthday money today! 

Well I'm itching to start! See photo below:

I am going to be using the white for the petals and then the do the middles of the daisy's alternative colours: so like half in the purple and half in the pink then do the rounds the opposite colour to what the middle is.

So for e.g.

First Square: purple middle, white petals, pink rounds (2 rows)

Second Square: pink middle, white petals, purple rounds (2 rows)

Third Square: purple middle, white petals, pink rounds (2 rows)

Fourth Square: pink middle, white petals, purple rounds (2 rows)

and so on..

Would that look alright?

So when I put them together, ie sewed together it would be like pink, purple, pink purple in rows 

Does this make sense to you? It makes sense to me in my head!

Also how many rows across and down would you suggest to make for an afghan for a single bed.

This will be my first ever attempt at something like this!

Nikki

3 answers to this question

IF it was me making this blanket the way you'd like to, I'd make all the centers the same color and alternate the petals and the background like you want to do.  I think it's going to be too busy matching the center of the flower with the background of the flower.

As far as how many you need - that depends on the size of the finished square.  I didn't see any tutorial that showed size so I have no idea.  I can tell you that to fit a twin sized bed, the measurements of a regular afghan should be 48x78" 

You'll have to make one square and measure it then do the math.

I hope you bought lots of wool because you're going to need it.  ....the one good thing about the way you want to make this blanket is should you run out of wool and need to buy more, you shoulnd't have to worry too much about matching dyelots because you'll be alternating colors so no color is going to be right next to the same color to compare if it's exactly the same color.

I wish you lots of luck in your crocheting!

IF it was me making this blanket the way you'd like to, I'd make all the centers the same color and alternate the petals and the background like you want to do.  I think it's going to be too busy matching the center of the flower with the background of the flower.

As far as how many you need - that depends on the size of the finished square.  I didn't see any tutorial that showed size so I have no idea.  I can tell you that to fit a twin sized bed, the measurements of a regular afghan should be 48x78" 

You'll have to make one square and measure it then do the math.

I hope you bought lots of wool because you're going to need it.  ....the one good thing about the way you want to make this blanket is should you run out of wool and need to buy more, you shoulnd't have to worry too much about matching dyelots because you'll be alternating colors so no color is going to be right next to the same color to compare if it's exactly the same color.

I wish you lots of luck in your crocheting!

I was going to use the purple and pink yarn each to make say 18 pink middles, 18 purple middles then work on the petals in white on all of them then work on the rounds of each after it,  in order to make 36 squares! then use the invisible stitch http://goo.gl/Jubqjz

I agree with Nancybanta.  I would make the centers all the same color along with all white flowers.  I would change the background.

That is one beautiful afghan.  Oh yeah I would use the white for the edging.

Archived