Crochet pouffe

Haylowbabe

Question

Hey there, making a pouffe for my new flat and am stuck on round 3.

Round 1 was ch3, 11 tr into magic loop.

Round 2 was ch3, tr ch into base of ch3, then 2 tr into next stitch ten more times.

Round 3 is: ch1( counts as double crochet), *ch3, (yrh, insert hook into next st, draw up a loop, yrh, insert hook into the same st, draw up a loop) three times, yrh and draw through rem loops (cluster made) , ch3, 1 dc into next stitch. Rep from * 5 times.

It's the cluster bit I am confused on! Any help will be great thanks!!! :D or if not does anyone know of a simpler version of a pouffe. I'm using tshirt yarn to make it!

3 answers to this question

It sounds like your pattern is in UK terms.  The cluster - think of it as making 3 incomplete stitches, then finishing them all off together with the last step of the third stitch so they are all connected at the top.  YRH= yarn 'round hook, or in US we'd say YO (yarn over).

Here is a free pattern for one, I'm not sure what adjustments you'd have to make for tshirt yarn.  It is written in US terms, so SC (US) = DC (UK).  Looks like a simple pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sitting-bag--puff--pouf

You know how you do a dc (yarn around hook, insert it into the st, yarn around hook and draw through the st so you have 2 loops on the hook, yarn around hook and then draw the hook through both sts)

Basically the pattern is saying you do the start of a dc so yarn around hook, insert it into the st, yarn around hook, and draw through the st so you have 2 loops on the hook, but DON'T draw through the two loops!! Instead start the dc again but don't finish it like last time. So yarn around hook, insert into the st, yarn around hook and draw through the st (4 sts on the hook) Do this three times so ultimately you have 12 loops on the hook and then draw through ALL 12 loops.

I hope this helps :)

Archived