Thread is a nightmare

MargeeTx

Question

I purchased some Bernat softee baby yarn yesterday. Every skein is impossible to unravel....either from inside or the outside tail. I spent several hours last night getting all of the tangles from only 2 of them .

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

I know, right? After pulling from the inside was so bad, I decided to try a skein from the outside..... For awhile, I thought it would be ok, but once I got over half way through, it was all a mess. I have 2 skeins untangled now.....will crochet those, and them tackle another one. Must have been someone inexperienced running the winder at the factory. Thanks, Tampa.

They must have done mine too as I have 3 skeins that are a mess too. I used from the outside and like you half way through it all fell apart from being wound around.

I sent an email to Bernat and they replied immediately, which shocked me. They apologized, wanted my address to send me free replacements.. Guess I will see if I get them. At least, the company responded to my concerns.

Good for you! It is really annoying when that happens - it really rains on the happy dance of a new project. However, it is in the company's interest to try to make it good so you won't avoid all their yarn in the future. I  hope the replacements are better, and that these were just bad skeins.

I had some a couple of years ago that I made into cakes on my winder and don't remember any problems -maybe I was just lucky.

Just a quick update.....I received three replacement skeins !!!! I was most pleasantly surprised with this wonderful customer service. You just don't experience this very often these days. So hats off to Bernat!!

Archived