Help - Spanish instructions

mari0088

Question

Hello are there any Spanish crocheters out there?  Can you help me?  If you go to this web page

[admin edit: link removed due to copyright issues; see post from Amy below for more info]

you will see a pretty white blouse.  This is a Russian web page but I am told the instructions are in Spanish.  There are 3 paragraphs above the motifs.  Can someone please translate these 3 paragraphs for me?  You start the bouse at the bottom don't you?  I pretty much understand the crochet motifs and chart for bottom of blouse as I do have a chart of all the crochet symbols.  I would appreciate any help anyone can give me in translating those 3 paragraphs (and anything else they see in Spanish on this pattern.   Thank you so much

Marilyn

3 answers to this question

I can't read it either, and even if I could the resolution is pretty bad.  I think it is basically telling you how many motifs of "diagram 1" to make and the dimensions for the top and sleeves.  Instead of trying to read this, make one of the flower motifs and measure its dimensions.  Then measure your chest circumference at the widest point of your bust.  The number of motifs you need to make will be = [bust circumference] / [motif width].  Round up if it's not close to a whole number unless you want it tight.

For the sleeves, make the same calculation with the circumference around your upper arm.  Also measure the distance from the top of your shoulder to your arm pit.  Using a similar calculation, this will tell you how many motifs tall you need the opening for your arm.

I think they are in Portuguese, and it is a terrible scan-I think a Portuguese speaker would have trouble making it out.

You should remove the link - many Russian sites will steal copyrighted material and post it without permission (as this link appears to be), and it's against the rules of this forum to post links to these sites.  Crochetville can get into legal trouble for this.

Many non-US patterns aren't patterns in the every-little-step detail that we are used to, they are more like inspirations/vague recipes, and don't give information for multiple sizes, etc.  

I have had to remove the link from the original post because of copyright issues. Many Russian sites allow and encourage users to post copies of copyrighted patterns without permission from the copyright holders. This is copyright infringement. I'm going to take this opportunity to provide some information that many people may not be aware of.

There are so many sites like this in foreign countries where people can find individual patterns and scanned images of complete books and magazines, that it is having a major impact on the crochet industry. It's not just the crochet industry, it's every industry that publishes patterns and instructional materials.

When you get a pattern from such a site instead of paying for the pattern through legitimate channels, that is a loss of revenue for the designer and publisher. This loss of revenue translates into publishers publishing fewer and fewer books, reducing the number of pages in a magazine and/or the number of issues published per year, reducing the amount of money paid to designers for their patterns, and so on. If designers are being paid less for their designs or are selling fewer copies of their self-published designs, they'll eventually have to take other jobs that reduce the amount of time they have available for crochet design, reducing the number of wonderful patterns they can create for you.

The crochet industry needs your help to remain strong and continue providing you a wide range of patterns.

I understand that not everyone has the funds to purchase patterns on a regular or even occasional basis. In that case, please take advantage of the free patterns that designers and publishers make available. Be sure you go directly to the designer's or publisher's site to download those patterns. Many designers also rely on ad revenue from their blogs and websites in order to provide those patterns to you for free. If you get the pattern from somewhere other than their site, you're decreasing the amount of ad revenue they receive.

Thanks for your support!

Archived