Help - love crochet magazine

Black Widow

Question

I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not. I am doing the Vintage Lace Crochet Bag from the Spring 2013 issue of Love Crochet magazine.

Line 6 of the hexagon motif doesn't make sense and lines 7 and 8 are missing.

There appears to be a row missing also for the edge of the bag. It looks like from the picture that you work treble into the loops, but can't work out how many.

The abbreviations under the heading Pattern don't make sense.

The making up of the bag doesn't make sense either, but I'm hoping that it does when I get to that part.

I have sent emails to the magazine and to Bergere de France, but received no reply. Has anyone done this bag.

post-50381-0-50001000-1400398234_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

I don't have the magazine but just looking at your picture, you should have made a half hexagon (or whatever fill stitches you have between every space the hexagons left everywhere else) on the right side of the bag.  

If you can rip out your edging and make that fill piece, and then re-do the edging, the bag will have a rounded shape.  I think that's all that is wrong with it.

Lots of those vintage patterns were written very poorly but if it was in a fairly current magazine, those mistakes should have been fixed.  Without the pattern I'm just guessing though.

Hi, the magazine is love crochet not love of crochet. Thank you for looking. Nancybanta I have managed to work out the hexagon and the small motif, I think I have got it right, just struggling to attach them.

I've found another error in the pattern for the small motif.

I will email the magazine again, hopefully they will reply this time.

Archived