Anchor dc

O-Castitatis-Lilium

Question

I am doing the pattern from the crochet world magazine that is titled the sweetheart rose baby afghan and I have no idea how the anchor dc works, I have read it and re-read it and it's still making little sense to me, I think i have it figured out but something seems off, if someone has this pattern and knows what I'm talking about, could you please explain it a little better to me please. I'm not sure if i could post the part of the pattern I'm on...would it be against the law or something...because it's in a magazine and I'm replicating it?...I don't know lol.

1 answer to this question

Here is a pic of the pattern for reference http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sweetheart-rose-baby-afghan

If you are having a problem with 1 line of a pattern, it's OK to give us that 1 line, and tell us where that row is - is it part of the rose, or the outline etc.  It's not OK to reprint the whole pattern, 1 line is OK.

I don't have the pattern so can't help you, and I'm not sure what the term means - sometimes a designer will name something uniquely for that pattern.

I am going out on a limb but I suspect it is a part of the rose; it is similar to an Irish Crochet style rose, where you work the first round of petals, then a round of mostly chains BEHIND those petals, then the second round of petals is made over those chains. The first time you make this sort of flower it is a little 'odd' to work in 3 dimensions like that.

Archived