Looking for SYKPE Crochet Help

Deana Hoover

Question

Hi Everyone!!,

I so far have learned all stitches and have my tension down. I have made tons of slippers and scarves, but I really want to make a granny square star afghan. I just got the pattern and I am having a heck of a time reading the rows. I have bought books about this and read ALOT online. I am just a visual person!

Anyone out there do help via SKYPE? I am willing to PAY 

Please hear my plea!!!

Deana

12 answers to this question

If you want to tell us the exact name of the pattern and where we can see it, someone may be able to help you.  if it is free online you can link to it.  if it is purchased tell us the seller, or if in a book the title of the book.  

i can't skype, but if it is a free pattern or one i have, or can check out from my local library, i will try to help you via posts.  

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76999340/granny-star-an-eight-point-round-ripple?ref=shop_home_active_13

that is the pattern, correct?  the description says the designer offers "full pattern support" so contacting her would be an option.  It's a paid pattern and I am sure she wants users to be happy with it so it's great that she is offering support....why not take her up on the offer?  

Forwarding the pattern to anyone would violate the ville guidelines and the copyright of the pattern, so that is not an option.  

you can type out in a post the part you are confused about and we will try to help.  someone else may also have the pattern to refer to.  There is a good clear photo in the etsy listing so that is a help to understanding it for those of us who do not own the pattern.  If you are mainly having difficulty with understanding the abbreviations and the pattern "syntax", it is usually very helpful to write out the row in complete words.  

I know you really want to skype but I personally can't do that----well i have never tried, but honestly I am not willing to learn a new to me computer skill at this time----and apparently there are not any skypers who want to tackle the question, so typing out posts and discussing it that way is all I can offer.  

also here is Carlinda's designer page on ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/designers/carlinda-lewis

you might look at projects people have completed for helpful photos and notes.  

For some reason it  wont allow me to add the link here, even with the link button. It is from the Hook Hound on Etsy. Eight point granny star afghan.

I have and can forward the pattern to anyone that is willing to help

Please do not send a copy of this pattern to another Crochetville member. It is copyright infringement to share copies of patterns without permission of the copyright holder.

I would suggest contacting the person you bought the pattern from to ask questions. As the designer, she would be the best person to answer your questions. Designers generally provide pattern support for the patterns they self-publish.

Archived