Possible pattern problem

Misty Lucas Cma

Question

I was wondering if you could take a look at a pattern I started. http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/baby-doll-top In the section for the skirt, it says I should have 102 sts. However, I only have 95. I counted the last row of the bodice and I have the correct amount. Am I counting wrong, or is the pattern written wrong? It seems like you only increase by 12 sts in the first row of the skirt.

3 answers to this question

Darn iPad....lost a long post....

Did you count the ch 2 as DC stitches? If I have problems with wearables I play with the pattern ....and not all are accurately written I've learned...to see what the first rows of the skirt look like. Often you can figure it out. Counting sc stitches is also hard, so you may not have done anything wrong.

See what happens when you make the first row or two.

Good luck...it's a pretty pattern!

I haven't done it but reading I get 20 increases as you do 3 in one stitch 5 times which would give 2 extra each for ten, then again for another  10   which would be 82 +20 =102

Thanks for the help Sarisue. Your post made me look at the pattern in a different way. I read the uinstructions to mean repeat the sequence one more time without repeating. Once I read it right, I was able to get all the way to the sizing panels.  Since this item is for me, its going to be difficult to finish...

Archived