Bolero pattern in FCEC

nittany168

Question

Has anyone tried the bolero pattern in the newest issue of Family Circle Easy Crochet? I'm having a problem with the sleeves. After you finish the two front pieces and the back it says to attach the yarn in the center of the armhole, then work 34 sc evenly but not to join or work around. The sleeve is worked in rows. At this point no mention is made to stitching the shoulder seam either. If I start at the top of the front and work to the back that leaves the seam on top. But if I start in the center at the bottom the seam is at the bottom but then the shoulder isnt sewn. Nowhere that I can see in the pattern do you sew the shoulder seam. Am I making any sense? This really looks nice so far and the yarn I'm using I got at the outlet near here for only $.10per/ounce. I dont want to give up now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kathy

2 answers to this question

LOL - I almost thought you'd copied my plea for help when I posted the exact same question about a month ago here!

I did finally determine that the shoulder seams need to be sewn before starting the sleeves, then you would join your yarn at the base of "U" of the sleeve opening. It will work out fine after that point.

Here's my post showing the finished result. Good luck with yours! Be sure to post it in Show and Tell! :hook

Thanks Goldi I saw your post after I had already posted this. I figured something had to be missing. I have a few things I need to post as soon as I can pin my husband down to take the pics.

Thanks again,

Kathy

Archived