Vanna White Wrapped In Love HELP!

Beth Niezgodzki Ellerbrock

Question

Hi everyone, new to crochet and new to Crochetville!   I am trying to make the shawl collar wrap on page 20 of Vanna White Wrapped In Love and I am having problems.... I know this is a difficult pattern for a beginner but I have the stitches figured out (my first project was an advanced set of arm warmers and I did fine with them, so I decided to try this)... anyway here is my issue.  the pattern says chain 54 (got that),

Row 1:  Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each of the next 2 ch (first diamond made) *sk next 2 ch, sl st in next ch, ch 3, dc in each of next 3 ch (diamond made).  Rep from * across.  Ch1, turn.  9 diamonds.  (got that part ok too)

Row 2: Sl st in each of 1st 3 dc, diamond (sl, ch 3, 3 dc) in each ch-2 sp across, diamond in ch-3 sp created by beg ch. ch1, turn.  9 diamonds.    Ok, so this is where I am having the problems.... I get the slip stitch in the 1st 3 double crochets, then make a diamond in the open area of the ch-2 space but when I go to do the diamond in the ch-3 space created by the beginning chain it seems like I have to twist the piece all over or something, it just isn't flowing right for me somehow.    I have looked everywhere for a video of diamond stitch that would show this but can't find anything.    I know part of my problem is my being left handed and part of it is over analyzing it... so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hadn't seen that book and collect shawl patterns so will have to get that. Wish it was an instant download. Ok I don't know how much help I can be but I am a lefty. It laid flat for me and I had no trouble after row 2 turning and being ready to start the next row. First photo is row one right up until the last ch3 space. You will (sl, ch3, 3dc) in that last space I circled then just ch1 and turn and it should lay flat to start the next row and not twist. Second photo is after I ch1 and turned. Mary

post-7272-0-27511400-1389662362_thumb.jpg

post-7272-0-14893600-1389662401_thumb.jpg

Archived