Diagonal Stitch (Corner-2-Corner)

crochetaddicted

Question

Good evening all.

I am currently in the midst of finishing my second C2C afghan.  However with this one I chose to do two colors and have stumbled upon an issue with attempting to make it even.

I have completed 30 rows green, 7 rows of turqua, and 5 rows of green.

I was hoping to decrease in the midst of the green row 3 and then repeat what I had already done to mirror and make it complete.

Needless to say I cannot get it to come out right.  The way I'm looking at it I will need to complete another 7 rows increasing and then decrease all with green for it to be even.

I have been through mikeysmail tutorial, read the RH pattern, and cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to make the stripes even on both sides and the same amount of green.

Any help would be greatly appreciated especially since I'm planning on making more of these.

2 answers to this question

Maybe if you make the very center row one color, then start your mirrored repeats, it might turn out correctly.  Maybe???  OR--make the three center rows the same color--that might even it out.  Maybe???

Good luck!  Let us know how that works out!  I love that pattern!!!

I am making one right now.  I am planning on doing the center with a particular color in an odd number so the last increase row is the middle and decrease on the outside rows, and planning on mirroring what i've done on the beginning half, starting at the middle and go out.

Archived