Help on crochet pattern

Soumya

Question

Hi,

I am finding it difficult on how to work on body of the sweater (pattern attached to the link below---ADMIN NOTE: pattern attachment removed due to copyright issues; please post link to pattern on DROPS website)

After chaining 111 for 1st row, I am able to get 88 dc in the second row as well. Placed the stich markers as mentioned in next step.

But not clear on how to work on next couple of rows as per the written instructions here:

Work back and forth with dc while AT THE SAME TIME inc 1 dc at all markers as follows: On every other row 5 times and then on every 4th row 2 times – READ INCREASE TIP = 221 dc.

Am not clear with INCREASE TIP as well. INCREASE basically means 2 dc for every 1dc of prev row right? What does the tip mean?

Can you help me on this?

4 answers to this question

Soumya, the PDF of the pattern cannot be posted here without permission from DROPS, as that is copyright infringement. We could get into legal trouble. I've removed the PDF from your post.

We'd like to be able to help you, so could you please post a link to the pattern instead?

Is it one of these DROPS patterns?

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/includes/printpattern.php?id=5786〈=us

INCREASE TIP: Inc by working 2 dc in 1 dc, first on one side of all markers on row, next time on the other side of all markers on row, continue inc like this.

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/pattern.php?id=5807〈=en

INCREASE TIP: Inc 1 st by working 2 sts in the same st.

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=5779〈=us

INCREASE TIP:  Inc 1 st by working 2 sts in the same st.

Sometimes patterns put helpful, generic information at the end of the pattern (which is where I found the tips above), so it's a good idea to scan all the way down before you start.

Sorry. AM new to this site and dint know that pdf cannot be uploaded. Yes, the pattern mentioned by Granny Square is what I am looking out for. I understand its working on 2sts for every st. But my query is how to go for next line for increase? 

Say for line 2, I get 2 dc for every dc of line 1. Now where do i place my new markers?

After re-looking at the patterns I linked, it looks like the first one is the best fit for all the details in your first post..

It says to place markers after (between) certain stitches, not into stitches.  Then, the increase tip says increase "on one side of all markers on row, next time on the other side of all markers on row" 

In your second post you said "for line 2, I get 2 dc for every dc of line 1".  Just to be clear, you are only increasing at the marked points, not for every stitch.  Each time you encounter a marker, you re-position it in the corresponding point in the current row.

For row 2, you are not increasing--the increase pattern is only in every other row 5 times, then every fourth row twice (this is for the smallest size, which matches your chain of 111).

edited because the font was wonky

Archived